Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Gnome of Demotivation...

...has struck me today with a fury and vengeance unrivaled by even the Unicorn of Doom. That is some serious business, I tell ya'. I'm supposed to be writing articles, proofreading a book, knitting up Christmas presents and packing up the house (we're moving. SURPRISE!) but instead of doing the important stuff, I've been knitting dishcloths (10+) and reading blogs. I've plum run out of my usual blogs to read with the exception of Boing Boing. It takes me about ten hours to get through 200 of their blog efforts so I'm putting them off for another day in the near future when I'm trying to avoid working. I thought maybe blogging about a whole lotta nothing would motivate me to do something else but, thus far, no dice. I could thrill you with the details of this excellent juice I'm drinking or wow you with the minutiae of the grilled cheese sandwich I had for lunch (with Thai sweet spicy chips. Oh, so delicious!) but that would be setting a precedent for action on my blog that I'm just not up to snuff for doing. I've noticed a trend on blogs lately that make all of these great suggestions for what to give your loved ones for Christmas. Not being one to hop on ye olde bandwagon, I won't be doing that in this post (or any other post for that matter) so if you were hoping for FancyPants' guide to gift giving, I'm sorry to disappoint. Oh, the ennui! Well, since I've clearly got nothing interesting to blog about other than my dangerous encounter with the mighty Gnome of Demotivation, I'm going to send you off vaguely dissatisfied and hopefully unharmed. That Gnome is a wily one, he is.
Transmission Ended

3 comments:

Twitchy Knitter said...

That Gnome is a wily one, indeed. How is it that he manages to visit us both at the SAME TIME! Spooky!

Patricia said...

Well, if it gives you solace, I have far less to do and am not making much progress. My muse has left me high and dry as well...

Olga said...

Yo- you toffee terminator you! I have to reply here cuz I don't have your personal phone #. I just know toffe is EVIL and NEVER will I ever heat up sugar again. Hey- saw on the side bar that your just plowing through those Christmas gift knit list. HA HA HA HA HA HA. Hope springs eternal.....
or was that NEXT years list?