First things first, I would like to say "Thank You!" to the new commenters on my blog (Chris, Elan, MommaCat, Sharon, and anyone else I may have missed). I appreciate you taking the time to comment and check into my blog. I love new comments, I admit it.
- I frogged the MAN socks, to start them anew at another time, and again, it felt good to clear out some psychic space. I'm a frogging machine lately. Hmm...that gives me an idea. Could anyone build me a frogging machine?
- I started swatching/making a cosmetic case for my sister. I'm forever trying to make her stuff. She says she loves the stuff I make her and uses it so I gladly try and crank out stuff for her. I say swatching/making because, while in the process of swatching, I decided to just make the swatch in the intended shape of the to-be cosmetic case, in case it felts up perfectly. Then I'll have a mostly finished product instead of a felted swatch. It is made from Lana Grossa wool in royal purple and lilac. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended) on the progress, with photos too.
- I have successfully squashed SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). I frogged the first sock I ever made (see post below) and started anew, using a totally different pattern. I had the first sock all finished up, ready to kitchener stitch the toe (see? I've learned.), when I realized that it would only fit someone with short, fat little feet. Needless to say, I ripped back to before the toe decreasing and kept knitting until it happened to fit my foot. I was so proud of my handiwork that I kept modelling the single sock on alternating feet. It turns out that it's not really for fat feet (I have skinny feet. See my profile picture.) and, like I said, it just so happened to fit me so I'm keeping them for me, for once. I'm nearly finished with the leg of the second sock and plan on turning the heel today. Hurrah! Does anyone else feel like a freakin' genius when they turn a sock heel? I'll have photos of said socks when I finish both of them.
- I'm still plugging away at The Mysteries of New Orleans, wholeheartedly enjoying it. I generally only read it before bedtime so I don't make a lot of progress on it but I'm further along in it now than I was before so that is good.
- We're nearly up to the fifth season of The Sopranos, thanks to Netflix (I swear they should start paying me). If anyone knows whether Steven Van Zandt (formerly of The E Street Band) wears a hairpiece, please let me know. His hair is crazy sculpted.