Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wherein I shout from the rooftops with joy

That I am now a test knitter for Knit Picks!!! Hurrah! I found out yesterday and I am eagerly awaiting the yarn for my first project. I'm so excited I could burst. I will now be getting paid to knit and play with yarn. It's so freakin' cool. I just had to share that with y'all because its right exciting for me. I hope y'all are having a beautiful day and a wonderful weekend. I'll probably be posting more later on so stay tuned my friends.
Transmission Ended

*Edited to answer questions in the comments:
I landed the gig by sheer luck, it seems. I belong to a knitwear designers message board and a Knit Picks representative asked for test knitters. You can imagine how enthusiastically and quickly I responded.
I will be able to share photos of the finished objects I have test knitted after Knit Picks has published/disseminated them. I'm really looking forward to doing the work for them and trying my hand at things I wouldn't normally choose to knit (as is often the case with test knitting). I feel it will be a really good learning experience and add to my ability to design garments and hone my knitting skills.
Thank you for all the encouraging comments so far. Y'all are the best blog readers ever!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats dear! That's too awesome! It's always a treat to get paid for something you love doing.

Oh, and the button is officially up. =)

Anonymous said...

That's great! How'd you land that deal?

Yarnhog said...

Oh, congratulations! How'd you manage that?

Sharon said...

Weee! Congratulations! Will we get to see what you make?